Thursday, October 16, 2014

Closing Statement for Rhetorical Analysis

When comparing my design plan and purpose statement and my final paper I feel that I have done exactly what I wanted to do. My pre-writing reflects exactly what I did in my paper. I feel that I did a good job really analyzing the website and searching for as many rhetoric examples in the images and text as possible. I did my font in 11 point instead of 12 point because when I reviewed the paper, the text looked too large and awkward in the paper. I also used images I found on Google instead of using the images on the website because I was unable to copy the images. I was able to find pictures similar to the website so it all worked out well.

            My photo essay was a lot different from my rhetorical analysis paper. The photo essay had a lot less text and more focus on the images while the rhetorical analysis was the opposite. Although, images were very important in both papers, the rhetorical analysis focuses on the text too. The photo essay was more of a narrative type of paper; it told a story the abuse some farm animals have to endure. The rhetorical analysis was more of an educational essay that searched deep in the Kellogg’s Frosted Mini Wheats website to discover how the author used ethos, pathos, and logos to convince people to buy their product. The photo essay also was in APA format and the rhetorical analysis was in MLA format. I think the rhetorical analysis was MLA because it makes the paper proper and well organized so the reader can follow my work. The audience was also different for the two papers. My audience for the photo essay was any person at consuming age. My audience for the rhetorical analysis was college-aged students. This made my writing style change because people in college understand what I am analyzing and consuming-aged people may need things simplified because they may not have been in school for a long time. Overall, I think I did a good job on both papers and I am proud to show off my work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment